BEACH COMMUNITY WORKING GROUP
4:00 P.M., TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2019
JAMES S. PAGE GOVERNMENTAL COMPLEX,
CALL TO ORDER
Tab A Mike Mullin, Nassau County Attorney re: orientation for Committee Members regarding
Sunshine Law and Public Records.
Tab B Mike Mullin, Nassau County Attorney re: purpose of committee.
Tab C Discussion of Chairman for the Committee.
Tab D Discussion of regular meeting schedule.
Tab E Discussion of current beach related County Ordinances:
· Ordinance No. 2018-18 recognizing and confirming the customary use by the public of the beach, in the
unincorporated areas of Nassau County. (Customary Use Ordinance)
· Ordinance No. 2018-22 regarding hours of camping, parking of motor vehicles, campers and truck tractors
in beach front parks, changing hours of parking in beach front parks.
· Ordinance No. 2016-09 prohibiting littering, use of glass containers, regulated camping, required control of
horses and dogs, designated swimming and sunbathing areas, excessive vehicular speed and careless and reckless
operations, and designated parking areas for access to beaches.
· Ordinance No. 2016-06 prohibiting and regulating personal property unattended on beaches within the
unincorporated areas of Amelia Island. (Leave No Trace Ordinance)
· Ordinance No. 2015-13 providing for beach permits for out-of-county residents for motor vehicles driving or
parking on County beaches.
· Ordinance No. 2003-42 regulating concessions and beach rentals on unincorporated areas of beach, providing a
requirement for concession licenses, fees, operation and maintenance, signs and merchandise display, and insurance.
Tab F Calls for Service information provided by Butch Osborne, Director of Operations for the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office.
Tab G Document provided by Mike Mullin regarding Recreational Rights to the Dry Sand Beach in Florida: Property, Custom and
· Any member of the audience wishing to speak on any items listed above or any other beach related concern.
COMMITTEE MEMBER ITEM(S) AND COMMENTS:
· Any other items to be brought before the Committee.
Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in order to participate in this program
or activity should contact 548-4660 or Florida Relay Service at 1-800-955-8770 (v) or 1-
800-955-8771 (TDD) at least seventy-two hours in advance to request such