Boil Water Advisory
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
July 3, 2018 @ 11:30 p.m. - The problem at Nassau Regional WTP has been resolved and normal pressures restored. A precautionary BWA is being issued for the impacted area.
- Subdivisions along SR200 East of The Shoppes at Amelia Concourse, West of the Thomas J. Shave, Junior Bridge, North of Nassau River, and South of the St. Marys River
July 3, 2018 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Mandarin Corners Shopping Center (Walmart, Sweet Frog, McDonalds) - 10991 San Jose Blvd
- Pollo Tropical - 10989 San Jose Blvd
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and possible sediments from the lines.
Go to the JEA website for additional information: