- January 28, 2023 |ST. Augustine: Jacksonville Grand Prix Matanzas 5K
- February 4, 2023 | Jacksonville Beach Seawalk Pavilion: Donna Marathon Weekend
- February 4, 2023 | Bishop John J. Snyder High School: Rachel Quiñones Memorial 5K
- February 4, 2023 | Valentine's Day Massacre
- February 11, 2023 | 156 Kingsley Ave: 5K/8K Superhero Run
- February 11, 2023 | Cary State Forest: Angry Tortoise 25/50K
- February 18, 2023 | Fleming Island High School: Island Eagles Fly 5K and Maddi’s Mile
- February 18, 2023 | TIAA BANK FIELD Jaguars / Novo Nordisk 5K Stadium Challenge
- February 18, 2023 | DEKA STRONG: Lake Nona Performance Club
- February 25, 2023 | Oxford Ave: Jacksonville Grand Prix Ortega River Run
- February 25, 2023 | Nassau County Sheriff's Office Jailbreak 5k Run and Obstacles
- February 25-26, 2023 | Jacksonville Spartan Event Weekend
- February 26, 2023 | Ocean Front North, Jacksonville Beach: San Pablo Elementary 5K For Play @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
SAVE THE DATE: 1st Annual Government Field Day Event
We’re excited to announce the 1st Annual Government Field Day Event to take place on April 15th, 2023!!
This event will be located at Tributary Regional Park and will consist of games for all, FREE food, prizes and a great time! You will get a chance to partake in fun, while decompressing from the long work week, all while getting to know your fellow coworkers better!
Please save the following details:
Date: April 15th, 2023
Location: Tributary Regional Park (75425 Edwards Rd, Yulee, FL 32097)
More details to follow.
2023 Nassau County Wellness Expo
We are excited to announce the return of our annual Nassau County Wellness Expo! All employees are eligible to attend this event. There will be a variety of local health and wellness vendors participating as well as exciting prizes to be won!
In addition, all employees are eligible to receive a free biometric screening at the event which will include BMI, glucose, cholesterol, and blood pressure. Results are immediate and are reviewed with a health coach at the event. All participants who complete their biometric screening will be eligible to receive 100 Well-Being Points and a $50 gift card! The dates, time, and location of the 2023 Wellness Expo, is listed below:
- Yulee Sports Complex Gymnasium (86202 Goodbread Rd. Yulee, FL 32097) - May 16th, 2023 (8:00am – 2:00pm)
- Callahan Multi-Use Facility (543378 US HWY1, Callahan, FL 32011) – May 17th, 2023 (8:00am – 2:00pm)
We hope to see you there!
FIT Walking Program
As part of our walking program Nassau County will be reimbursing employees for their participation in races as a way to encourage our employees to run, walk or bike in a race during the 2023 calendar year! Races include a MudRun, 5k, 10k, marathon, half marathon, triathlon, obstacle course, or any other race that requires you to be active. If you successfully complete a race and provide the proper proof any time in 2023 from January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023, (all forms and materials must be submitted to Human Resources, by close of business on January 9, 2024), the Wellness Program will reimburse the cost of the registration fees, up to $150, for the calendar year, for the employee only. Reimbursement requests, can be sent for each individual race, or you can save them and submit several at one time.
Wellness Reimbursement Program
The Wellness Committee has approved for another year the wellness reimbursement for all employees up to $150.00! (to include taxes) Here’s how it will work:
Make a wellness purchase anytime between December 5, 2022 and December 1, 2023, You may only choose from the options below:
- Gym Membership/Cardio Gym Equipment (Treadmill, Elliptical, Stationary Bike or Rowing Machine)
- Any recognized weight loss program (i.e. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Noom etc.)
- Wearable Fitness Device (Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin etc. )
- Athletic Shoes (Running/Walking tennis shoes)
- If you are unsure if your item falls into one of these six categories please call HUMAN RESOURCES and ask.
Complete the Wellness Reimbursement request form and submit along with your receipt to Human Resources between November 1, 2023 and December 4, 2023 by close of business - RECEIPTS RECEIVED OUTSIDE THIS WINDOW WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT:
- Ensure that the purchase was made between December 5, 2022 and December 1, 2023.
- If the receipt is not a full size sheet of paper, please attach it to a piece of copy paper.
- If the receipt contains items other than those being claimed for reimbursement, please highlight or circle the charges you are submitting.
WAIT – Your reimbursement will arrive during the month of December at the address provided on your form.
- You must be an employee of the Nassau County Board of County Commissioners, Sheriff’s Office, Clerk of Courts’ Office, Property Appraiser’s Office, Tax Collector’s Office or Supervisor of Election’s Office and must be employed at the time of reimbursement.
- Purchase must be for Employee benefit and/or use.
Please contact Human Resources at (904) 530-6075, should you have any further questions concerning this reimbursement.