- October 7, 2023 | St. Mary's Kiwanis Seafood Festival 5K/10K/1M; St. Marys, GA 31558
- October 7, 2023 | DONNA 5K; TPC Sawgrass 110 Championship Way, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
- October 8, 2023 | Armed Forces 10K Tri-Bridge Challenge & Freedom 5K; Downtown, Jacksonville
- October 14, 2023 | Oktoberfest Beer and Brats 5K; San Marco Square
- October 14, 2023 | Saints to Snow Cones 5k and 1 mile fun run; Jacksonville, FL 32244
- October 14, 2023 | Lung Force 5K; Haskell Building 111 Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, FL 32202
- October 14, 2023 | Amelia Island Women's Half Marathon Half/12K/5K/Challenge; Main Beach - 32 N Fletcher Ave, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- October 15, 2023 | Bartram Springs Kids Triathlon; St. Johns, FL 32258
- October 19, 2023 | BKS Partners Corporate Run; Ford on Bay, East Bay Street, Jacksonville, FL
- October 21, 2023 | Penny Farms 5K; 3495 Hoffman Street, Green Cove Springs, FL
- October 21, 2023 | Kicks for Karsyn 5k Race; Jacksonville, FL 32202
- October 21, 2023 | Hops, Hounds and Halloween 5K and VyStar Fun Run & Costume Contest; Jacksonville, FL 32204
- October 21, 2023 | Fruit Cove MOVE 5K Run/Walk & 1-Mile Fun Run; Saint Johns, FL 32259
- October 27, 2023 | Nassau County Parks and Recreation Halloween Festival; 86142 Goodbread Road, Yulee, FL 32097
- October 28, 2023 | Afro Fun Run 5K & 1 Mile; Jacksonville, FL 32225
- October 29, 2023 | EverGreen Pumpkin Run; Evergreen Cemetery @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
FIT Walking Program
As part of our walking program Nassau County will be reimbursing employees for their participation in races as a way to encourage our employees to run, walk or bike in a race during the 2023 calendar year! Races include a MudRun, 5k, 10k, marathon, half marathon, triathlon, obstacle course, or any other race that requires you to be active. If you successfully complete a race and provide the proper proof any time in 2023 from January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023, (all forms and materials must be submitted to Human Resources, by close of business on January 9, 2024), the Wellness Program will reimburse the cost of the registration fees, up to $150, for the calendar year, for the employee only. Reimbursement requests, can be sent for each individual race, or you can save them and submit several at one time.
Wellness Reimbursement Program
The Wellness Committee has approved for another year the wellness reimbursement for all employees up to $150.00! (to include taxes) Here’s how it will work:
Make a wellness purchase anytime between December 5, 2022 and December 1, 2023, You may only choose from the options below:
- Gym Membership/Cardio Gym Equipment (Treadmill, Elliptical, Stationary Bike or Rowing Machine)
- Any recognized weight loss program (i.e. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Noom etc.)
- Wearable Fitness Device (Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin etc. )
- Athletic Shoes (Running/Walking tennis shoes)
- If you are unsure if your item falls into one of these six categories please call HUMAN RESOURCES and ask.
Complete the Wellness Reimbursement request form and submit along with your receipt to Human Resources between November 1, 2023 and December 4, 2023 by close of business - RECEIPTS RECEIVED OUTSIDE THIS WINDOW WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT:
- Ensure that the purchase was made between December 5, 2022 and December 1, 2023.
- If the receipt is not a full size sheet of paper, please attach it to a piece of copy paper.
- If the receipt contains items other than those being claimed for reimbursement, please highlight or circle the charges you are submitting.
WAIT – Your reimbursement will arrive during the month of December at the address provided on your form.
- You must be an employee of the Nassau County Board of County Commissioners, Sheriff’s Office, Clerk of Courts’ Office, Property Appraiser’s Office, Tax Collector’s Office or Supervisor of Election’s Office and must be employed at the time of reimbursement.
- Purchase must be for Employee benefit and/or use.
Please contact Human Resources at (904) 530-6075, should you have any further questions concerning this reimbursement.