Nassau County Procurement
Nassau County Procurement functions as the central purchasing and procurement department for the Board of County Commissioners. Our primary duty is handling purchases over $50,000 for the Board of County Commissioners. This includes working with all departments to create Requests for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications, and Invitations to Bid to solicit for goods and services as needed.
Brian Simmons, Procurement Manager
96135 Nassau Place
Amber Carter, Contracts Manager
96135 Nassau Place
Hours of Operation
8:00am to 5:00pm
The mission of both the Procurement and Contracts Teams is to facilitate the procurement of quality goods and services through a unified system that ensures integrity, fairness, and cost control to the residents of Nassau County by maximizing competition, transparency, and the inclusion of industry best practices.
We are dedicated to effectively administering the complete procurement and contract cycles of all goods and services on behalf of our clients (county departments and agencies) from the initial needs determination and purchasing process, through evaluation, negotiations, contract implementation and management, and conclusion.
The Major Objectives are:
- To comply with federal, state and county procurement laws which govern expenditures of public funds
- To provide timely responsive support to clients
- To generate broad participation and competition among potential suppliers and contractors
- To ensure good quality products and services at competitive prices
- To ensure equal opportunity to all qualified vendors and contractors wishing to compete for County business
- To monitor vendor performance to ensure accountability
- To provide procurement policy, standards, and best practice guidance and training to clients
- To keep abreast of current developments in the field of purchasing, market conditions, and new products, and
- To formulate and recommend purchasing policy and procedures to the Board.
Our team is committed to being on the cutting edge of industry standards and best practices. Our professionals are actively involved in a variety of industry and professional organizations, and all of them are actively seeking out thought leaders across the board to ensure that Nassau County is consistently able to deliver the best service possible to drive efficiency and improve outcomes for our citizens and those who serve them.