Nassau County’s Small Business Assistance Grant Program
- On August 19, 2020, the Nassau County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved the second round of the County’s Small Business Assistance Grant Program (Grant Program). This second round of the Grant Program has increased the grant award to $10,000 per applicant and expanded the eligibility requirements to allow for more participation. The $10,000 award will be applied retroactively to the first-round eligible applicants. Due to the increase in the award amount, the Grant Program will allow up to 220 qualifying small businesses - in total for the first and second round - to receive the maximum of $10,000 per applicant in grant money. The County received approximately 75 applications in the first round. The review of the first-round applications for eligibility has not been completed to date, so at least 145 qualifying small businesses may receive second-round grant assistance.
The new second round eligibility requirements are:
- Business has nineteen (19) or less employees or full-time equivalent (FTE) employees.
- Business has not received funds covered by insurance or reimbursement from the Federal Payroll Protection Program (PPP), or other local, state or federal sources in excess of $100,000 related to COVID-19.
- Business has earned less than $2.0 million in gross annual income for 2019.
- Business has been operating and can prove ongoing business operations since August 1, 2019 (1 year).
All other eligibility requirements are the same.
Application packets can be picked up at the following locations during the normal business hours beginning on August 21, 2020:
- Nassau County, James S. Page Governmental Complex, 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097
- Callahan Town Hall, 542300 US Highway 1, Callahan, FL 32011
- Fernandina Beach City Hall, 204 Ash Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Hilliard Town Hall, 15859 West County Road 108, Hilliard, FL 32046
- Nassau County Chamber of Commerce, 961687 Gateway Blvd., Suite 101-G, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
DOWNLOAD ONLINE APPLICATIONS HERE starting at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, August 21, 2020. To request application packets by email, send your request to email@example.com. To request application packets by U.S. Mail, please contact the Nassau CARES hotline between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at (904) 530-6800.
INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE BY CONTACTING THE NASSAU CARES HOTLINE BETWEEN 8:00 A.M. AND 5:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AT (904) 530-6800 OR BY E-MAILING firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-person assistance may be arranged by scheduling an appointment with a Nassau CARES representative by contacting (904) 530-6800 or email@example.com..
For your application to be considered for the second round, it must be received by the Nassau CARES office not later than the 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2020.
Paper applications and documentation will be accepted at the drop box located at the front entrance of the James S. Page Governmental Complex, 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097 beginning Monday, August 3, 2020 or if mailed or FedExed to: Nassau CARES Application, 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097 and delivered by 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2020.
Electronic submission can be conducted through the CARES Documentation and Upload Form link within this Small Business section of the website. Nassau County recommends applicants use the encrypted CARES Documentation and Upload Form to submit applications and required documentation as the information may contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The use of email to transmit PII is discouraged and not recommended. If any documentation is missing in your electronic submission, you will need to resubmit all documentation again. Only the most recent electronic submission will be reviewed for eligibility and must still meet submittal deadlines.
Eligible applicants that submit complete applications will be selected for an award by an independent contractor. Incomplete applications or missing documentation may be deemed ineligible.
The process for selection for the second round will be to sequentially number all submittals on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 (but not in date/time order of submittal). After all applications have been numbered, the contractor will use a Random Sequence Generator to establish a review sequence. The applications will be reviewed based on random sequence until the maximum number of eligible applications are processed.
Applicants will be notified of their award beginning the week of September 14, 2020.
Awards will be disbursed by the Clerk’s Office via Direct Deposit (which may require bank deposit information) or by checks.
Eligible business will be required to pledge in good faith to make all efforts to remain operational after applicable local and state emergency guidelines are removed and commit to following the COVID-19 Prevention Measures recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CLICK HERE for Frequently Asked Questions.