Board of County Commissioners
Nassau County is a political subdivision of the State of Florida. It was created for civil and political purposes and acts under powers given to it by the State. The County's governing authority is the Nassau County Board of Commissioners.
96135 Nassau Pl.
Yulee, FL 32097
Ph: (904) 530-6010
Ph: (866) 474-1446
Fx: (904) 321-5784
- Second and fourth Monday of each month at 6:00 pm
- Third Wednesday of each month at 9:00 am
- Special meetings are called as necessary
- Commission Chambers located within the James S. Page Governmental Complex at 96135 Nassau Pl., Yulee, FL
- Public is invited to attend meetings
Nassau County is divided into five districts and the five members of the Board of Commissioners are elected at large for staggered four-year terms. The chairman and vice chairman of the Board are elected by the Board annually.
The general duties of the Board of Commissioners are:
Nassau County Organizational Chart
- To enact resolutions and ordinances for the general health, safety, and welfare of the residents of Nassau County
- To levy taxation when necessary to finance the operation of the County government
- To provide necessary services to safeguard the well-being and safety to the residents