Click to Home
HomeContact Us
Go To Search

Pet-Friendly Disaster Evacuation Shelters
Yulee Elementary School
86063 Felmore Rd.
Yulee, FL 32097

Callahan Middle School
450121 Old Dixie Hwy
Callahan, FL 32011

Hilliard Middle/Senior School
1 Flashes Ave
Hilliard, FL 32046
(This is the Special Needs pet friendly shelter)

All pets must have proof of vaccination and Nassau County license, be properly crated or caged and be maintained by their owners. Animals may be housed in a separate room from their owners.

Equipment & Supplies
Nassau County Animal Services may provide water and other equipment and supplies, including cages, food, and other care items, as available. Pet owners are responsible for supplying all necessary equipment and supplies for their pets, including:
  • Cage (required)
  • Food
  • Water
  • Medications
  • Bedding (blankets, towels, sheets, etc.)
  • Other items for pet care

Pet Care
All animals in the pet shelter must be kept in cages, except during designated exercise times. While in the pet shelter, pet owners will have full responsibility for care of their pets, including feeding, walking, cleaning, etc. Pet owners should be aware that they may not have access to their pets during extreme hazardous conditions, such as during the height of a hurricane.

The pet owners must remain in the co-located general population shelter while their pets are in the pet shelter.

Acceptable Pets
  • Dogs
  • Cats
  • Rodents (such as hamsters, gerbils, etc.)
  • Rabbits
  • Birds


Call for Volunteers
Pet friendly shelters need volunteers to function. If you would like to volunteer at a pet friendly shelter, you must register with Animal Services. Click here to contact Volunteer Services.

More Information
Call 904-491-7440 to get more information.

Home  |  Print Page  |  RSS  |  Site Map  |  Accessibility  |  Powered by CivicPlus  |  Copyright Notices
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.