Peters Point Park
Summer Beach Walkover
Designated Parking Areas for Access to Beach
Ordinance No. 2016-09 states that Motor Vehicles, Campers, or Truck Tractors are not allowed to remain in any County-owned beach front park (see list above) between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Truck Tractors may be allowed pursuant to a permit issued by the County Manager's Office. See Beach Permits
for additional information.
Lightning Prediction & Warning Systems:
Nassau County has installed an Integrated Lightning Prediction and Warning System at the following locations: Peters Point Park, Burney Park Road, Scotts Road and American Beach Historic Park-Rendezvous. Please see the attached poster for more information on Lightning Prediction and Warning System and Safety Tips. Click here to view poster
No Open Fires from May 1st to October 31st, due to Marine Turtle Nesting Season.
Camping on the Beach:
- Camping is allowed on beaches within the unincorporated areas of Nassau County
- A permit is NOT required to camp on the beach
- Vehicles are not allowed to remain in County-owned Beach Front Parks between 8:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
- Vehicles may be parked directly on the beach in designated beach driving areas (NOTE: out of County tags must purchase a beach driving permit.)
- No vehicles or horses are allowed on the dunes or within designated swimming areas
- Vehicular speed must not exceed 10mph and must not be operated in a reckless manner
- Dogs must be under leash at all times
Horses on the Beach:
Trailers or other conveyance that carry horses shall have a permit/decal attached to the trailer. Parking for horse trailers shall be withinthe designated area at Peter's Point Park.
Horse Permit/Decals can be obtained by contacting:
Nassau County Animal Control 904-530-6150
86078 License Road, Yulee, FL
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:00 am-5:00 pm Sat. 8:00 am-4:00 pm