The mission of Contract Management is to facilitate the procurement of quality goods and services through a unified purchasing system that ensures integrity, fairness, and cost control to Nassau County as well as its Citizens.
To effectively administer the complete procurement cycle of all goods and services on behalf of our clients (county departments and agencies) from the initial needs determination and purchasing process, through evaluation, contract negotiations, delivery, implementation, and contract administration support through the conclusion of the contracts.
The Major Objectives are:
- to comply with federal, state and county procurement / contracting laws which govern expenditures of public funds
- to provide timely responsive support to clients
- to generate broad participation and competition among potential suppliers and contractors
- to ensure good quality products and services at competitive prices
- to ensure equal opportunity to all qualified vendors and contractors wishing to compete for County contracts
- to monitor vendor performance to insure accountability
- to provide procurement code guidance and training to clients
- to keep abreast of current developments in the field of purchasing, market conditions, and new products, and
- to formulate and recommend purchasing policy and procedures.